Monday, January 6, 2014

Sewing Inspirations Gone Wrong

Hello Dear Readers and Happy New Year!

My husband and I set up a little sewing station for me over our Christmas break and I can't wait to show it to you. I just have a few more touches to do and then I'll need to take some nice photos to upload. 

My sister-in-law and I would just love to do a craft show this year. We decided to give our table a circus theme so I've been scouring all over Pintrest for some inspiration. 

I came across these sweet bears and I thought that I could modify them into circus bears with cool, fluffy collars and hats. 



I love the idea of using small scraps of fabric to jazz up an ordinary plushie, so this is what I ended up with.


She's not at all what my diy pattern looked like. Her ears aren't nice and round and her legs are lopsided. Her face is too big. I pretty much gave up when it came to the collar and just threw together a skirt. I added an old bracelet as a necklace and sat Mrs.Ugly Bear on my shelf while I contemplated my work.

(same bear, different background)

I brought her to a woman (very much skilled in sewing) to critique and show me where I went wrong. To my surprise, she loved the bear. She said it was like art and very crafty and creative. I tried pointing out my flaws to which I got "Oh hush! She looks wonderful!"

I am definitely going to try again, and hopefully next week I'll have a real circus bear to show to you all. 

Goodnight!

(in Montreal for Christmas)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy!